Health and Wellbeing Queensland continues to work hard to drive generational change through a strong focus on the things that really matter.
We could not be prouder of what we have achieved in 2022 across partnerships, prevention and promotion, in communities, with stakeholders, for consumers.
In 2022 we proudly supported:
- 2 million+ Queenslanders to benefit from community-led, community-focused programs delivered by our valued partners
- 15,000+ kids to improve their relationship with fruit and veg through our Pick of the Crop program
- 20+ remote First Nations communities to build locally driven, long term sustainable food security and healthy store initiates through our Gather and Grow work
- 233 Logan residents living with type 2 diabetes to live a healthier life through the Logan healthy living hub
- 60+ allied health students to gain valued industry experience through the delivery of a new model of care in Logan
- 3,150+ First Nations people to receive their annual health check through the Deadly Choices program
- Queenslanders from over 450 postcodes to take a total of 11.5 billion steps through the 10,000 Steps program.
We also supported Queenslanders to get together outdoors and move more at events across the state, including:
- 25,000+ people, including 1,000 kids at the Gold Coast Marathon
- 40,000+ people at the Queensland Murri Carnival
- 30,000 Bridge to Brisbane participants
- hundreds of Queenslanders at the Government House Community Bush Walks
- thousands of young netballers from across the state through our sponsorship of Netball Queensland.
In 2023 we will continue to help all Queenslanders make healthy happen now and always.
Watch our short end of year video below, as we reflect on all we have done together.