4 serves of veggies
400gm roast chicken, shredded
750gm pumpkin, peeled and diced
1 small head broccoli, broken into florets
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
100gm baby spinach leaves
1/3 cup pesto
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
75gm fetta, crumbled
50gm macadamia nuts, lightly roasted
Salt and pepper
- On separate trays lined with baking paper, first toss the pumpkin with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and spread out. Repeat for the broccoli.
- Roast the broccoli for 15 minutes at 200°C and the pumpkin for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix together the chicken, pumpkin, broccoli, peas, and spinach, and toss through the pesto and lemon juice.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, crumble over the fetta and sprinkle with the roasted macadamias.
Consider serving with a sprinkle of pomegranate for a Christmas colour twist.
2413kJ energy, 35.8g fat (8.2g Sat fat) and 41g protein per serve.
Recipe created by Matt Golinski, Health and Wellbeing Queensland Ambassador.