Steamed Barramundi, Broccolini and Wombok with Brown Rice and Oyster Sauce
Matt Golinski puts five ingredients together in harmony with this easy to prepare, elegant and nutritious dish.
- 4 x 150gm skin-on fillets barramundi
- 150gm brown rice
- 600gm wombok (about ¼ of a wombok), cut into 4 wedges
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 80gm oyster sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice and water to the boil, stir, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Place the barramundi fillets skin side up on a piece of baking paper and lower gently into a steamer basket. Add the wombok wedges, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccolini to the steamer and steam for another 3 minutes.
- Divide the wombok wedges between four plates and twist them into a ‘nest’, then place a heaped spoonful of rice in the centre of each.
- Lift the barramundi out of the steamer on the paper and carefully transfer onto the rice. Divide the broccolini between the four plates.
- Stir 50ml (or just under ¼ cup) of the steamer water (or plain boiling water) into the oyster sauce to dilute it and pour over and around the fish.
- Wombok is Chinese cabbage, and if not available, can be substituted with Asian leafy greens, kale or green cabbage.
- If Barramundi is not available, substitute it with another firm-fleshed white fish.
- If looking to make this dish gluten free, check your oyster sauce label carefully.