Roasted cauliflower, brussels sprout and chickpea salad
Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas make an unbeatable pair. When mixed with Brussels sprouts, fresh lemon and parsley, you’ve got yourself a delightful springtime salad.
- 1 small cauliflower (680gm), cut into florets and stem cut into small pieces
- 220 gm Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and garlic on an oven tray, drizzle with half the oil and toss to coat. Place chickpeas on another oven tray, then sprinkle with paprika, cumin and coriander, and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Roast vegetables and chickpeas until vegetables are tender and chickpeas are crisp (approx. 25 minutes).
- Arrange roasted vegetables and chickpeas on a serving platter, then sprinkle parsley and drizzle lemon juice over and serve.
Enjoy this yummy spring dish on its own or in a wholemeal pita or with some cooked quinoa or brown rice.