Grilled Vegetarian Breakfast
The breakfast fry up grew up and got healthy. Here’s satisfaction on a plate.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 6 medium mushrooms, peeled
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- Cracked black pepper, to season
- Heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large, non-stick frypan over a medium heat. Add the halved tomatoes and mushrooms. Once cooked on both sides, remove the tomatoes and mushrooms from the pan, then add in the baby spinach leaves to wilt.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a separate non-stick frypan over a low to medium heat. Crack in the two eggs. Cook until the egg whites have set and the yolks have set to your liking.
- Meanwhile, toast the wholegrain bread.
- Once the vegetables, eggs and toast are cooked, divide amongst two plates to serve. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Adapt this recipe to suit your preferences or what you have available. For example, other great vegetable options for breakfast include avocado and baked beans.
- If possible, choose tomatoes grown locally in the Granite Belt region.