Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup rolled oats OR quinoa flakes for GF option
- ½ cup light milk or calcium-fortified plant-based milk
- ¼ cup light Greek yoghurt OR plain plant-based yoghurt
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tspn cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter with no added salt or sugar
- ½ cup chopped strawberries or raspberries
- Add the mashed banana to your container or jar, along with the rolled oats, milk, yoghurt, chia seeds, and cocoa powder. Option to add protein powder if you have it.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the peanut butter and chopped strawberries or raspberries as your toppings.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
Start your day right with this simple, budget-friendly breakfast recipe. These overnight oats are packed with fibre, protein, and a serving of fruit makes them the perfect on-the-go meal. We recommend making multiple at a time to store in the fridge for the week.
Enjoy it warm
- Heat up your oats in the morning for a warm breakfast, or
- try blending the overnight oats, adding a few eggs and baking it in the oven for a tasty oat slice.
Switch up the flavours
- Apple pie: swap out the banana, cocoa powder and peanut butter for grated apple, apple sauce and cinnamon or a mixed spice.
- Carrot cake: swap out the cocoa powder and peanut butter for grated carrot, crushed walnuts, cinnamon or mixed spice and sultanas.