Chickpea, Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup self-raising white flour
- ½ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tbs chives
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs olive or canola oil
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a food processor and process until roughly chopped.
- Sift flours into a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas, corn, zucchini (courgette) and chives.
- Combine eggs and almond milk together and add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- eat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup of mixture, flatten slightly and cook 3-4 minutes each side until golden.
Fritters are great because they are so easy to make and you can add whatever vegetables you like. Diced capsicum or peas are just some of our favourite ideas.
Top with your favourite salsa or chutney to really bring out the flavours.