Health and Wellbeing Queensland
Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Marathon Expo Competition
1. Information on how to submit an entry and the usage of submitted entries will form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all individuals aged 13 years or over. Individuals must have internet access to enter or alternatively can enter in person at the Health and Wellbeing Queensland stand at the ASICS Sport & Leisure Expo at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, Broadbeach, 30 June – 2 July. Check the website for times here https://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/race-weekend/expo-2/.
3. Entrants between the ages of 13 and up to but not including 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. The Promoter is Health and Wellbeing Queensland (ABN 95 443 756 818) of Ground Floor, 139 Coronation Drive, Milton Green, Milton, Queensland 4064 and PO Box 1419, Milton QLD 4064.
6. Promotion commences at 05:30 AM AEST on Thursday, 19 May 2022 and ends at 20:00 PM AEST on Sunday, 3 July 2022 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after the Competition Period. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s location no later than 20:00 PM AEST Friday 8 July 2022 using random electronic selection. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within 1 business day of being selected.
7. To enter, individuals must complete the competition entry form, including all required fields, and submit before the closing date and time.
8. All entries are subject to review by the Promoter for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Entries that contain prohibited or inappropriate content or are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, as determined by the Promoter, will at the discretion of the Promoter be considered invalid.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Only one entry per person is allowed, and in accordance with entry requirements.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. Entrant submissions will be used for the purpose of selecting a prize winner and subscribing entrants to the Health and Wellbeing Queensland Boost your Healthy mailing list.
14. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content; (c) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (d) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event their submission is chosen for use (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; (b) to select a winner from eligible entries already received at the time; or (c) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
18. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference.
19. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, media and advertisers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
20. Prizes will be posted using the mail address information provided to the Promoter by the prize winner upon contact following the draw. Prize winner should allow up to 21 business days for mail delivery. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost or misdirected mail.
21. If, following reasonable efforts, The Promoter cannot contact a prize winner, an Unclaimed Prize Draw will be conducted.
22. For further information on these terms and conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.